Job Description – Retail Designer
We are a Singapore based retail design specialist delivering bold new retail design solutions for our clients in Singapore and across the Asia Pacific Region.
We are currently looking to hire and invest in developing a new Retail Designer and will consider applicants at different levels in their career.
What you would be doing
- You’ll be helping to develop leading edge retail design solutions for our clients across SE Asia and the world.
- You’ll get to work closely with the Creative Director in developing design strategies and concepts
- Conduct discovery stage field and desk research that will inform the design process
- Produce concept work using various digital and physical tools – from hand sketching to sample boards, graphic designs & 3D renderings, VR panoramas and animated fly throughs
- Help to compile and even give client presentations if you’re up for it
- Produce drawing packages both schematic and detailed
- Source materials and fittings for projects
- Get direct exposure to clients, contractors & 3rd party consultants
Who we’re looking for
- Someone who wants to rapidly progress their career and to be exposed more fully to the process of design
- Has a Diploma or Bachelor degree in interior design or similar design related discipline
- Some experience working on consumer facing retail and F&B projects – either just starting out or someone more seasoned
- Good English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working with both 2D and 3D software, ie Adobe, CAD, SketchUp.
- Knowledge of Vectorworks and / or Twinmotion a bonus
- A strong passion for interior design as it relates to delivering better human experiences
- A general passion for design, innovation and design thinking
- A curious mind open to learn & experience new ways of working and thinking
- Great attention to detail and an inner drive to deliver at a high standard and to constantly improve
- Ideally based in Singapore – Singaporean or Singapore PR – but remote working may be considered
What you can expect
- A flexible working environment which recognises we all have different paths and strengths
- Fully supported and encouraged to both succeed and to occasionally fail
- Experienced leaders who truly care about you and your career path
- To be encouraged to think creatively and boldly
- To work on a wide variety of exciting projects locally in Singapore and in other countries
- Constant training on new technical and design skills
- A coach/mentor who has extensive experience in retails design to support you in delivering the greatest work you have ever produced
- A career path that leads you to become a future partner or an incredibly attractive recruiter’s target
Offering appropriate and attractive package to the right designer
We take our recruiting seriously as a long term investment, please only serious applicants respond. We are also very happy to talk with and to work with freelancers. Get in touch!
SPARK is a Singapore based retail design specialist, delivering unique and effective retail design solutions for its clients across the Asia Pacific Region.